FOR infants and toddlers and their parents/caregivers of all shades, colors, means and cultures.
LOTUS BLOOM IS a family resource center
THAT PROVIDES a welcoming space for low income multicultural families with young children to play and learn
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT
Lotus Bloom is uses a strength based focus in our family care. We emphasize:
- Caregiver support over daycare.
- Building connections to community resources over referral hand-offs.
- Ease of access over requirements and forms.
- Empowering individuals opposed to repeating expert advice.
- Parents and caregivers cultivate the resilience to manage both general life and parenting stress and function well when faced with stressors, challenges or adversity.
- Families achieve healthy, sustained relationships with each other, institutions, the community, or a force greater than oneself.
- Provision of space for understanding the unique aspects of child development and implementing developmentally and contextually appropriate best parenting practices.
- We offer concrete support in difficulty by identifying, seeking, accessing, advocating for and receiving needed adult, child, and family services. Lotus Bloom is committed to providing a quality of service designed to preserve parents’ dignity and promote healthy development.
- Provision of an environment and experiences that enable the child to form close and secure adult and peer relationships, and to experience, regulate and express emotions.